Nutty Blueberry Cheesecake
The following is a guest post recipe by Mariam Lewis. This delicious cheesecake is both nutty and zesty with the addition of chopped hazelnuts to the base and plenty of lemon zest and vanilla in the cheesecake to produce a rich and zesty flavour.
The velvety blueberry sauce is a perfect accompanyment to the creamy cheesecake and the overall mixture just works a treat.
- 210g digestive biscuits, crushed
- 150 g unsalted butter, melted
- 75g chopped hazelnut
- 115 g caster sugar
- 3 tablespoons cornflour
- 800g full-fat Philadelphia
- 2 large free-range eggs
- 115 ml double cream
- 2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- zest of half lemon
- 250g blueberries
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 100 ml water
- Grease a 21cm cake tin and preheat the oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4.
- Prepare the base. Mix the biscuits and butter in a bowl [url:4]
- Add hazelnut.[/url]
- Press into the base of the tin and cook for 10 minutes.
- Allow to cool on a rack.
- Turn the oven to 200°C/400ºF/gas 6.
- Combine the sugar and cornflour in a bowl.
- Add cream cheese and beat with an electric whisk until creamy.
- Add the eggs and beat well.
- Gradually add the cream, beating until smooth.
- Then beat in the vanilla and zest.
- Pour the mixture into the tin, level the surface and place in the centre of the oven.
- Bake for 45-50 minutes until the top is browned and the filling set around the edges. A piece of foil over the top will stop it browning too much.
- Let the cheesecake cool, then put in the fridge for 3 hours or overnight.