Ginger & Lime Salmon
This is probably one of the simplest Salmon Recipe’s we are going to feature on the website but is very tasty at the same time. Salmon is probably my favourite fish because it is very robust and can withstand the strong flavours that we like at Mongoliankitchen.com. Most other types of fish require delicate flavours and cooking but with salmon you can get away with the likes of sweet chilli!
So the recipe goes something like this. Make a marinade of lime juice, fresh or pureed ginger, a bit of garlic and leave the salmon to marinade in it for a few hours or overnight. You place the salmon on a baking try and bake on a high heat for 20-25 minutes depending on the size of the salmon….and thats it!
We served this on some sauteed asparagus and a side of simple fried noodles. It sounds too simple but you should really try it.
- ½ cup fresh lime juice
- 1 tbsp grated or pureed fresh ginger
- ½ tsp garlic puree
- 1 tbsp honey
- Salmon Fillets
- 1 medium onion, sliced into rings
- Mixed peppers sliced
- Mix the marinade ingredients together
- Marinade the salmon for a few hours, ideally overnight
- Preheat the oven to high: 220 Degrees C
- Line a baking tray with the onion and rings of peppers.
- Top with the salmon and pour over the marinade
- Bake for 20-25 minutes until golden and cooked