Fried Chicken Livers
So, chicken livers must be the cheapest source of protein you can buy that taste’s half good. The problem is a lot of people hate the “livery” taste which is normally because they are cooked to death. Luckily adding a few simple spices to your chicken livers and cooking for ‘just’ the right amount of time will ensure you have a tasty meal (like we have here) or side or starter.
Simply fry them in a little olive oil. Naturally the livers will release some liquid but that will eventually evapourate leaving behind the oils to fry the liver. We like to add balsamic vinegar to the mix but you can also throw in a splash of red wine or port.
The super simple side salad of tomato, cucumber and feta cheese topped with mixed herbs, salt, ground cumin, plenty of lime and olive oil makes a perfect match for the chicken livers.
Rate this Recipe
- 1 pack of fresh chicken livers approx 400g
- 1 tsp garlic puree
- 1/2 tsp ground coriander
- 1/2 tsp ground cumin
- 1/2 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 whole fresh chilli
- 1 whole tomato, chopped
- 1.5 tbsp balsamic vinegar
- 2 tbsp Olive oil
- Salt and pepper to taste
- This is a very simple Recipe. Simply throw all the ingredients into a wok or frying pan.
- Cover with a lid and cook on a medium heat for 10 minutes until the chicken livers have cooked.
- Remove the lid and cook on a high heat for a further 5 mins until the livers have caramelised on the outside, at this point you can also recheck the seasoning.
- You may finish by adding a squeeze of lime.