The EGG Burger
OK so this is not so much of a recipe post but a gallery of a quick idea we came across on the web and just had to try. If you like your burger with an egg…why not try putting the EGG inside the Burger!
Below you will find the step by step pictures to making this interesting egg burger. Simpley use good quality ground beef (season it as required- or just with salt and pepper).
One tip for next time…make the burger pattie a little bit bigger since a. it shrinks when cooking and the egg takes more space in the middle. The end result is a homogenisation of the egg and beef which all comes together when combined with the cheese and condiments.
- Ground Beef
- 1 Egg
- Burger Buns or brioche burger buns
- Burger toppings (cheese, ketchup, mustard etc etc)
- First form the beef patties either with a press or just roughly
- Use a jar top or just cut a hole in the middle
- Preheat a skillet until very hot
- Grill the burger on a hot skillet pan for around 1 minute, then reduce the heat on the skillet
- Add the egg in the middle and cook for around 1-2 minutes (cover with a lid so that the steam cooks the egg)
- Flip and continue cooking on a higher heat until cooked
- Top with cheese
- Assemble your burger as normal and enjoy