Tandoori Chicken Wraps
These Tandoori “Fajita” style wraps are really delicious are are like an Indian version of the Fajita. The chicken is marinated in some light spices for a few hours then all you do is simply grill or stir fry the chicken in a griddle pan or a wok. Add to that some grilled vegetables and you have the fillings.
Next you need some sauces. The best combination is a spicy chilli mango chutney combined with a cooling cucumber and mint raita. This is all topped with a red onion and coriander salad and wrapped in Roti’s (instead of the fajita). The Roti’s taste great and best served warm.
All in all this is a simple dish that can be prepared in advance and assembled at the last minute. As a fun dish this is great for get togethers and you can control the heat because you are controlling how much chilli powder you add.
- 1 tbsp greek yoghurt
- 1 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp lime juice
- 1 tsp paprika
- ½ tsp coriander powder
- ½ tsp cumin powder
- 1 tsp tandoori powder
- ½ tsp black pepper
- 2 tbsp mango chutney
- ½ tsp chilili powder
- ½ lime, juice
- 1 tbsp vegetable oil
- 3 tbsp Greek Yoghurt
- ½ whole cucumber grated
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp cumin powder
- ½ tsp dried mint leaves
- ½ Red Onion
- ½ Lime Juice
- 1 small bunch of fresh coriander, chopped
- 2 Chicken breasts sliced into strips
- mixed pepper, cut into strips
- 1 Medium white onion, cut into strips
- 1 Pack of Roti’s or Fajitas to wrap
- Fresh coriander for garnish
- In a bowl add all the marinade ingredients except the salt.
- Mix well and add the chicken.
- leave to marinade for a few hours (the longer you leave it the better the taste)
- For the Raita first grate the cucumber, then squeeze to release the excess water. Pour this away. Then mix the rest of the Raita ingredients togeher. Raita is best kept in the fridge for a while to develop the taste.
- For the Mango chutney mix all the ingredients together in a small bowl, taste and set aside when ready
- For the Onion Salad chop and mix all the ingredients together
- Add the salt to the marinaded chicken and mix well
- Use a skillet/Griddle pan for best results (even better a BBQ!).
- Heat your griddle pan till really hot and just smoking, then add the chicken strips.
- Allow to brown then begin turning (add a little oil if too dry).
- After 5 minutes move to one side and add the vegetables and cook along side.
- When cooked remove from the heat.
- If you have a sizzle plate pre-heated in the oven, then add a little of the hot mango chutney mix to this.
- Then add a layer of the vegetables.
- Then the chicken on top. This keeps everything warm while you are “wrapping”