Red Pepper & Coconut Pasta
This is a fairly quick and easy sauce which can be made Vegan and can also be made in larger quantities and stored in the freezer to make other dishes.
The result is a dreamy & creamy sauce that has no cream (well apart from a little bit of coconut cream). In this recipe we grilled some chicken breasts and combined with the sauce and Penne pasta.
This recipe can easily be adapted to make a vegan version. Just take out the chicken stock (replace with vegetable stock) and the chicken!
- 3 Red Peppers
- 1 Yellow Pepper
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 Chicken Breasts, sliced
- 2 tbsp coconut milk
- ½ cups chicken stock
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- 1 handful coriander, chopped
- salt & pepper to taste
- Start by marinating your chicken breasts in a little olive oil, salt & pepper and garlic powder. Place into a medium-hot oven for 25-30 minutes depending on the size.
- Saute the onion in a pan with a little bit of olive oil
- Chop up the 3 red peppers + yellow pepper and wizz in a blender until smooth.
- Add the peppers to the onions by putting through a ceive and throw in a little bit of coconut cream to enrich the sauce. Add some chicken stock if you prefer the taste to be more savoury.
- Season with salt and pepper, cook for around 15 minutes until all the onions and peppers are cooked and soft.
- Cook your pasta
- You can serve at this point but I decided to blend the mixture in the blender again to get a smooth consistency
- Add the coriander into the sauce towards the end of the cooking process.
- Take out the chicken, allow to rest, cut into thin strips and throw into the sauce. Mix the sauce with the pasta, and serve