I (George) am proud to say I am not a big fan of Pesto. Dont ask me why, I think its the hard processed cheese they must use… its ok. I wouldnt vomit if I ate it, but I dont go looking for it. Ask me about home made Pesto however and you are looking at a dish that can be rustled up in no time (perfect for those evening where you dont have the time to faff about with dinner!!). This recipe is totally vegan.
Rate this Recipe
For the Pesto
- 1/2 Cup pistachio’s (without the shells)
- 1/2 Cup fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup spinach leaves
- Lemon Zest
- Juice of half a lemon
- Olive Oil
- Salt & black pepper to taste
Pasta of your choice
- First, put the pistachios in your blender and blitz then till smooth.
- Then add your basil, spinache, lemon zest and juice and a dash of olive oil
- Blend and add more olive oil through the top of the blender until the mixture reaches the desired consistency.
- Season with salt and pepper and simply warm through freshly cooked pasta and serve…