Moroccan Grilled Pork
Recently inspired by Moroccan flavours we decided to make a very quick but delicious marinade for some pork steaks. This marinade is super simple to make and works really well with chicken also. We combined Harissa paste (ready made but home-made recipe coming soon) with some fresh Ras El Hanout which just landed from Morocco along with some honey and other flavours.
The combination is a slightly spicy, sour and with a hint of sweet..just how we like our flavours at Mongolian Kitchen. We marinated the pork steaks for a couple of hours then simply grilled and served with some mediterranean vegetables and asparagus. The result is a quick and fairly healthy meal that packs a flavour punch.
- 2 Pork Steaks (or try with chicken)
- Grilled Vegetables of your choice
- 3 tbsp olive oil
- 1 tsp Ras El Hanout spice mix
- 1 tsp Rose Harisa Paste
- 1 tsp honey
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp pepper
- Few sprigs of fresh lemon thyme
- Mix the marinade ingredients together in a bowl, taste to see if you like it.
- Marinade the meat for 2 or so hours (or overnight)
- You can find Ras El Hanout spice mixture and rose harissa in most supermarkets
- Grill and Enjoy!