Easy Banoffee Pie
This is our short cut recipe for Banoffee pie, the great english dessert. We call it short cut because we use Birds Dream Topping for the creamy part of the pie. Of course the Toffee part is made from condensed milk (either by boiling a whole can of condensed milk for 4 hours, or buying ready made condensed milk toffee!).
Banoffe pie derives from Bananas and Toffee…… Add to that a buttery digestive cheesecake style base and the dream cream topping and you have a winning Dessert combo. You can also try adding Tia Maria instead of the Coffee Essence to liven it up a little.
Rate this Recipe
- 1 pack of digestive biscuits
- 100g melted butter
- 5-6 bananas
- 1 tin of condensed milk or ready made toffee
- 3 packs of Birds dream topping
- 400ml milk
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp coffee essence
- Cocoa powder or drinking chocolate for dusting
- 26cm springform tin
- Blend the digestive biscuits in a food processor or blender to form crumbs, add the the melted butter and cinnamon and mix. The crumb mixture should hold its shape when squeezed in your hand and crumble easily when tapped, you may need to add more butter to adjust.
- Add the crumb mixture to the tin and press with the back of the spoon to form the base of the pie.
- Thinly slice the banana and layer the biscuit base with two layers of banana making sure to tightly pack them.
- Pour the caramel over the bananas and and spread evenly, place the tin in the fridge to chill while making the cream topping.
- Blend the Birds dream topping and coffee essence with the milk to a thick and creamy consistency. Alternatively you can use one carton of fresh whipping cream, blend on a slow speed with 1 tsp vanilla extract and caster sugar to taste.
- Add the cream to the pie and spread evenly, dust with coco powder and chill until serving.