All Vegan Recipes?
You might be wondering why most of the recent updates have carried the vegan symbol… you would be forgiven for thinking we are Vegans and this is a Vegan Recipe blog. The fact is, that during lent, we effectively become vegans. For Coptic Orthodox Christians Lent is a time for reflection and focussing on one’s relationship with God. During this time many Coptic Christians become vegans.
So incase you were wondering if we were a vegan recipe blog, we are for the time being. But only through various times of the year and we will always have other updates ready. In the meantime, here is an overview of our recent vegan Recipe postings:
- Butternut squash risotto -Saffron infused butternut squash risotto
- Chili without carne -Fresh & flavourful vegetarian chilli recipe (with dark chocolate)
- Courgette & Tomato Galette -A quick vegan galette that is sure to impress
- Marble Tea Cake -Vanilla, Chocolate & Coffee marbled tea cake
- Middle Eastern Okra Stew -A sweet & tangy stew that cooks in no time.
- Mongolian Tofu -Fried tofu strips in a sticky mongolian sauce
- Pistachio Pesto -Easy home made pistachio pesto with basil and spinach
- Pomegranate & Chilli Tofu -Crispy tofu covered in a sweet & sour pomegranate sauce
- Simple Mushroom Pie -A vegan Mushroom pie with sautéed vegetables.
- Spicy Thai Noodles -Yellow curry noodles with crispy fried noodle topping!
- Vegan Pancakes -Dairy free vegan pancakes that are delicious, light & fluffy.
- Vegetable Moroccan Tagine -Moroccan vegetable tagine with butternut squash and chickpea
- Vegetable Samosas -Fluffy indian vegetable samosas made with Filo pastry
- Vegetable Tikka Masala -Spicy but slightly sweet vegetarian tikka masala